- 50 watts x 8 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD all channels driven
- bridged mode output is 120 watts x 4 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- perfect for adding surround channels to a home theater system or powering music zones in a multi-room audio system
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- high-efficiency switching amplifier technology for lighter weight, cooler operation, and energy savings
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB
- 12-volt trigger/signal-sensing auto-on with auto shut-off
- global RCA bus inputs/outputs for distributing a single audio source among multiple amp channels and passing input signal on to another amplifier
- line-level inputs and "loop through" outputs for all channels
- local/global mode selector input setting for each stereo music zone
- separate gain controls for each zone
- removable Phoenix-style speaker connectors for easier installation
- detachable power cord
- dual thermostat-controlled cooling fans
- rack mountable (brackets included)
- less than 0.5 watt standby power consumption
- 19-1/16"W x 4-3/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 12.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
Top-notch, multi-room sound
For decades audiophiles have counted on NAD for solid value and superior sound in their listening rooms and home theaters. With the CI 980 multi-channel amplifier, music and movie lovers can now enjoy that same legendary NAD performance with their custom installations and multi-room audio systems. The CI 980 makes an excellent choice for any multi-room system where sound quality really matters.
Handy hook-up options
With three turn-on options (front panel switch, 12V trigger control, or signal-sensing), this amp easily adapts to any type of installation. Multiple CI 980s can share the same input signal, giving you the capacity to configure music zones that perfectly suit your listening spaces. Individual inputs for each zone allow different music sources to be connected and assigned to single listening rooms. Each zone features its own separate gain control so you can easily adjust the volume to fine-tune the sound of your system.
Cool, efficient, and easy to install
Unlike traditional amps that run hot and waste a lot of energy, the CI 980 boasts high-efficiency switching amplifier technology for cooler operation, reduced weight, and clean, undistorted sound even at high listening volumes. Dual thermostatically activated internal fans ensure reliable operation. Detachable speaker connection blocks make installation a snap. And brackets are included for neat, simple rack mounting.
- Owner's manual
- 8-Channel power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Phoenix-style connector blocks
- 2 Rack ears (installed w/ 8 screws)
- 2 End-caps
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card